Friday, February 11, 2011

On Friendship

Someone once said that "No man is an island", those words ring so true for we could not survive without the caring, compassion, touch and laughter of another human being. We as humans need to connect with others; we need to share in our triumphs as well as in our disappointments.

We need to know that there will be someone there to listen with an open heart, to hold our hand when we are unsure of ourselves, or just to laugh and smile because the sun is shining, because there are rainbows, because in spite of all the chaos and uncertainties, the hurts and the pain, life is good. Hope and Faith are everlasting.


Through out my journey I have encountered many beautiful butterflies each have touched my heart in their own unique way. Some may have listened when I needed to talk, some may have leant a shoulder when my Soul needed to cry.
Some held my hand in silence as I looked for the strength and the courage to go on. On days when life was easy some shared in the laughter and the joy. When I really needed it some gave me a gentle kick to get me going.

I thank every single one of them for being there, for caring and sharing but most of all for taking the time to stop in my little corner of the universe.


No comments: