Monday, February 14, 2011

On Love


Love……such a small and powerful word. It means so many things to different people. We look for it to fulfill us, to satisfy our longings. In my life I have loved and lost, some relationships were more painful than others. As I look back I have taken the goodness from each one, the bad experiences and mistakes have served to remind me of what not to accept in my life. In loving I have learned to give my best but at the same time I have learned to never be so involved in someone that you loose your sense of self. You must put yourself first, take care of yourself and be in tune with yourself, only then can you truly give the best of yourself to someone else.

Of all the things I have learned I think the most important is that Love cannot stand alone. Love on its own is wonderful and will take you through the good times. Through the hard times Love must be surrounded by compassion, understanding, trust and compromise. It must have a foundation of all these things for these are the tools that will guide you through when the world around you seems to be falling apart.



Sometimes in life when you least expect it, you find what you were always looking for. Thank You Carlos for coming into my life, for bringing a ray of sunshine to my days, for being my lover and my best friend, for accepting the person that I am and showing me the true meaning of Love.



To My Special Butterfly:

Untitled

I was lost, you found me.
I was in pain, you healed me.
I had forgotten Beauty,
You decorated my Soul.
I was in darkness,
You showed me the light,
of the Moon and the Stars.
I was broken,
You mended me
and made me whole.
I had lost Faith in Love,
You opened up my heart.
You took my hand
and walked by my side.
I am no longer afraid,
You taught me how to Fly.

No comments: